Pet Loss Grief Support: Comfort & Healing in Your Time of Grief
There are over one hundred pages of grief support resources on this site.
May the information in the following listings help you find just the loving comfort and support that you need.
Blessings of love and peace to you as you heal.
- Finding the Grace of Grief
(audio recording and meditation)
- Articles on pet loss and grief
- Comfort and Healing in Your Time of Grief(34 pages of information and resources)
- Legacies of Love, Healing From the Loss of Your Animal Loved One
- The Animals' Perspective on Death, The Other Side and Coming Back
- Flower Essences for End-of-Life Care, Grief and Caregiver Stress
- Animal Hospice From the Perspective of the Veterinarian, The Animals and Their People
- Understanding and Preparing for Euthanasia
- Dealing with Grief During Holidays and Annivesaries
- EFT for Illness, End-of-Life, Caregiver Stress and Healing Grief
- Connecting with Your Animal After Death
- Legacies of Love, A Gentle Guide to Healing from the Loss of Your Animal Loved One
- When Compassion Hurts
- 7 Titles available in the Animals in our Hearts Store
- 31 additional titles listed in our Resource Section
- Grief Support Skills Teleclass
- Tips To Support Others Who Grieve
- The Animal Loss and Grief Support Professional Program of Study with Certification
- Additional Support Resources
- Support groups, hotlines, meditations, pet portraits, prayer support, urns
Take Time to Heal Now
Dying is the easier role
Returning Home to God, the angels
The spirit world of peace and love.
Our animal loved ones are there now
safe, whole, loved and ever loving.
It is in staying behind
without the animals we love so dearly
that is the harder role.
The anguish of it comes unbidden,
when least expected,
seemingly unending, inescapable,
dark hours of pain.
Yet relief from pain
and healing and growth are possible too
Nourishment and support
are all around
in people, the animals, the sun, the rivers
in forests, in flowers, in books, in tapes,
in pictures, in song, from angels, from God
and the strength and wisdom
of our own souls.
We must only open our hearts
to the love waiting to help us heal.
Pouring our love and care and nurturing
onto our animals
must shift now,
to loving and caring and nurturing ourselves.
It is time for us now.
As one who has loved so completely
You are just as important as the one who has died.
You do not dishonor your loved one
or their memory
by taking care of yourself.
Take time to heal now.
Make choices to grow now.
Love yourself as you love your animal.
Love yourself as your animal loves you.
~ Teresa Wagner ~